Submit a paper
The Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics provides an annual forum for surgeons and engineers from across the globe, to network and experience the latest developments in medical robotics. The annual Symposium attracts world-leading scientists, engineers and clinicians from a wide range of disciplines associated with medical robotics and surgery.
Topics to be addressed by the 2019 symposium include, but are not limited to:
- New instruments and novel mechatronic designs
- Intra-operative imaging and sensing
- Biophotonics for robotic surgery
- Bioinspired robotics
- Soft robotics
- Continuum robots (e.g. catheter, concentric tube robots)
- MR compatible robots
- Smart surgical instruments
- Microbot design and applications
- Learning and co-operative control
- Robotic surgical workflows and analytics
- Surgical vision and augmented reality
- Surgical simulation, training and skills assessment
- Wearable and assistive/rehabilitation robots
- Human robot interaction and ergonomics
- Clinical highlights and first in human studies
- Emerging, multi-specialty applications of robotic technology
- Economic and general consideration of robotic surgery
All submissions will be reviewed by members of the program review committee and assessed for quality and best means of presentation.
- Length: Maximum of 2 pages for technical topics and 1 page for clinical topics
- Paper size: DIN A4 Size (210 mm x 297 mm)
- Rand: Leave a 25mm margin at top and bottom of the page, and a 20mm margin at left and right sides
- Font properties and size: Title: 14 pt, bold; Authors: 14 pt, normal; Institute + E-mail address: 12 pt, italics; Section headings: 10 pt, Capitals, bold; Text: 10 pt, normal; Figure captions and references: 9pt, normal
- Camera ready copies should be submitted according to the guidelines below.
- Oral Presentation: up to 12 minutes followed by 3 minutes Q &A.
- Poster dimensions: A0 portrait
- Poster teasers: Posters teasers should comply to our template and they should not exceed the 90 sec duration.
Teaser presentations should be emailed by the 13th of May 2019 to Hamlyn Symposium Enquiries.
Royal Geographical Society, London
23 June, 2019 8:00 AM – 26 June, 2019 6:00 PM GMTRegister Now