Submit a paper
Paper Submission Deadlines for 2020 will be announced shortly
The Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics provides an annual forum for surgeons and engineers from across the globe, to network and experience the latest developments in medical robotics. The annual Symposium attracts world-leading scientists, engineers and clinicians from a wide range of disciplines associated with medical robotics and surgery.
Topics addressed during the 2019 symposium:
- New instruments and novel mechatronic designs
- Intra-operative imaging and sensing
- Biophotonics for robotic surgery
- Bioinspired robotics
- Soft robotics
- Continuum robots (e.g. catheter, concentric tube robots)
- MR compatible robots
- Smart surgical instruments
- Microbot design and applications
- Learning and co-operative control
- Robotic surgical workflows and analytics
- Surgical vision and augmented reality
- Surgical simulation, training and skills assessment
- Wearable and assistive/rehabilitation robots
- Human robot interaction and ergonomics
- Clinical highlights and first in human studies
- Emerging, multi-specialty applications of robotic technology
- Economic and general consideration of robotic surgery
All submissions were reviewed by members of the program review committee and assessed for quality and best means of presentation.
Camera Ready Paper Preparation Guidelines:
- Length: Maximum of 2 pages for technical topics and 1 page for clinical topics
- Paper size: DIN A4 Size (210 mm x 297 mm)
- Rand: Leave a 25mm margin at top and bottom of the page, and a 20mm margin at left and right sides
- Font properties and size: Title: 14 pt, bold; Authors: 14 pt, normal; Institute + E-mail address: 12 pt, italics; Section headings: 10 pt, Capitals, bold; Text: 10 pt, normal; Figure captions and references: 9pt, normal
- Camera ready copies should be submitted as a PDF file via Easychair.
- Guidelines for Oral Presentations
- Oral Presentation: up to 12 minutes followed by 3 minutes Q &A.
- We recommend the slide size dimension to be set as 16:9 format
- Oral presenters should email their presentations by the 17th of June to Bing Li <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Erh-Ya Tsui<email@example.com> . If they encounter any problem to meet this deadline they should let us know as soon as possible
- Guidelines for Poster Presentations
- Poster dimensions: A0 portrait (There are no printing facilities at the venue. Please print your poster before you arrive.)
- Poster teasers: should comply to our template (slide size dimension as 16:9 format) for outlining the key points of your work.
- The presentation should not exceed the 90 sec duration.
- PPT Teaser presentation should be emailed by the 17th of June to Bing Li <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Erh-Ya Tsui<email@example.com>. Please, note that files should not exceed 10MBytes. They could be shared via the Imperial College File Exchange system: https://icseclzt.cc.ic.ac.uk/
Royal Geographical Society, London
23 June, 2019 8:00 AM – 26 June, 2019 6:00 PM GMTRegister Now