Frequently Asked Questions
The UK-RAS Network is seeking to fund a number of Strategic Task Groups that will organise and coordinate a variety of focused on an area of research interest.
1. The application form only allows one applicant to be named per institution, can other academics from the same institution also be involved?
We expect the majority of applications to include multiple people at each partner institution. We would encourage you to involve as many people from each partner institution as are needed / relevant to complete the project, however for the purposes of the application itself you need only list the lead academic at each partner.
2. Can academics from within the same research group or institution participate in multiple task group applications?
There is no limit on the number of applications per research group or institution.
3. Can international colleagues be included in task group applications?
Task groups must be led by a UK-RAS Network member, however international links are also welcomed.
Please note, we would expect the funding request to be centred around the UK-based partners.
4. What are the funding rules for this call?
Task group activities should be costed at 100% FEC. Any administrative time should be non-FEC costed and directly allocated.
We are unable to fund any investigator or research time as part of this call as the projects are not intended to directly deliver research.
5. Can task groups take part in Robotics Week?
We encourage successful task groups to add any events planned during May, June and July to our list of Robotics Week events so that they can be included in UK-RAS promotional materials.
6. Are there any costs related to participating in Robotics Week that need to be included in a task group application?
Your application should include any costs (travel, equipment, materials, venue hire etc) associated with all proposed events, however there would not be any additional costs associated with the inclusion of these events in the Robotics Week programme.
7. When will the successful applicants be announced?
The Task Groups being awarded funding will be announced by the end of January.
If your queries have not been answered by the above, or you or would like to discuss your application, please contact Claire Asher.