EPSRC announces Connected Nation Pioneers competition winners
The winners of the Connected Nation Pioneers competition were announced last night (Tuesday 20 November 2018), at an awards ceremony held at the Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester.
The competition is organised by EPSRC with sponsorship from major industry partners. It aims to recognise and celebrate exceptional UK doctoral research students in the digital and ICT arena, who have demonstrated the commercial potential and impact of their research to business.
There were 16 finalists, who were spread across four categories:
- Safe and Secure Cyber Society
- Making Digital Technology Work for People
- Intelligent Informatics
- Creative Computing for the Digital Economy
This year’s overall winner is Kari Clark, who was the Intelligent Informatics category winner.
- Thyla van der Merwe was first in the Safe and Secure Cyber Society category
- Lauren Ward won the Making Digital Technology Work for People category
- Marc Green topped the Creative Computing for the Digital Economy category