Robot Lab Live
Would you like to show off your cutting-edge robotics lab? Do you have a cool robot project you’d like to share with the World?
Register your lab now for “Robot Lab Live” — an exciting public event for the UK Festival of Robotics in June!
About Robot Lab Live
As part of the UK Festival of Robotics (19th – 25th June), the UK-RAS Network is organising a live online event for robotics labs from around the country to showcase their current research to non-specialist audiences.
Participating labs will get to take part in a mass public robotics livestream, showcasing their exciting research to audiences around the World in one of the main events of the 2021 Festival of Robotics.
Each team will design their own 12-minute demo, showcasing cutting edge research and robotic technology to the public, which will be live-streamed through the UK-RAS YouTube channel and featured prominently on the Festival of Robotics Website.
Why Sign Up?
- Be part of one of the main events in the UK Festival of Robotics;
- Showcase your cutting-edge research to a worldwide audience;
- Receive bespoke training from Dr Steve Cross to develop an exciting live demo;
- Borrow camera, sound and lighting equipment that will allow you to produce high-quality results;
- Get promotion for your lab from the UK-RAS Network through press releases, newsletters, and social media.
Each robot lab team will receive a 90-minute training session with public engagement and communication consultant, trainer, and strategist, Dr Steve Cross, who will help you to develop a live demo that will engage and excite the audience.
In addition, you will be provided with camera, sound, and lighting equipment to help capture and bring your video teaser and live demo to life.
Each team will also receive promotion for their video and livestream demo through the UK-RAS Network, including UK Festival of Robotics press releases; newsletters and social media posts reaching 7000+ followers and subscribers; a dedicated page on the website; and a thumbnail on our livestream grid.
Deadline for registration: Midnight, 28th February 2021
What is involved?
Each robot lab team will record raw footage for a 2-minute video teaser, which the UK-RAS Network will have professionally edited. The video will be featured in the promotion of the Festival and be available on the UK-RAS website before and after the live event.
Each team will also develop a 12-minute live demo, which they will repeat several times for different audiences during the 1-hour live stream.
- Registration Deadline: Midnight 28th February
- Training Session: 90 minutes, date TBC (8th March – 26th March)
- Deadline to Submit Raw Video Footage – 8th April
- Deadline to Submit Live Demo Plan – 12th April
- Teaser videos released – 7th May – 12th June
- Livestream: 1 hour, date TBC (19th – 25th June)