Can your class master Mars?
Do you have what it takes to design a robot to explore exciting space terrains?
Design a robot with your class in our robot-building competition for a chance to win big for your school. Our amazing list of prizes includes a free trip to London to attend the International Robotics Showcase in June, and a MiRo-E Robot for your class!
Download the App
This first of its kind educational game uses the latest AR technology to support STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) learning objectives and making use of programmable features!
Recommended age: 8+
This app is developed for Key Stage 1 (and above) ages, and aligned to the STEM English national curriculum.
- MiRo-E Robot (contributed by Consequential Robotics)
- Free travel and tickets to the award ceremony at the International Robotics Showcase in London in June (contributed by the UK-RAS Network)
- 3D-printed model of your design for each team member (contributed by AMRC)
- A MakeBlock mBot Ranger 3-in-1 for each member of the team (contributed by Pipebots)
- A Littlebits Space Rover Inventor Kit for each member of the team (contributed by Brains-on-Board)
- Lego Mindstorms robotics kit and software for your class (contributed by FAIR-SPACE)
- A Robotics and AI masterclass and tour of 1000sm Extreme Robotics Lab for your class, plus 2 EV3 Robot Systems (contribute by NCNR)
- TBC (contributed by RAIN)
- The School Robot Competition is open to groups of 3 – 5 school students.
- The competition is open to 8 to 14-year-olds. All group members must be within this age range to enter.
- All group members must be registered pupils at the same UK school.
- Schools must register on the app before contestants can create group entries.
- Dr Jordan Boyle
- Prof Rustam Stolkin
- Prof James Marshall
- Opens for entries: 13th February 2020
- Deadline for entries: 23rd October 2020
- Winners notified: TBC
- Award ceremony: TBC