How to Enter
The 2020 competition is now open!
- Download the app from the App Store or GooglePlay
- Register your school and set up your team
- Build your robot!
- Programme and test your robot
- Submit your final design by 23rd October 2020
Download the app:
This first of its kind educational game uses the latest AR technology to support STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) learning objectives and making use of programmable features!
Terms & Conditions
- Entries to the competition are open from 13th February to 23rd October 2020.
- Contestants may spend as much time designing and testing their entry as they like, but must submit their final robot using the app by 23:59 GMT on the 23rd October 2020.
- Entries will be scored based on their robot’s performance on the challenges presented within the app, as well as by an independent judging panel of robotic scientists from around the UK.
- The winning team will receive the top prize of a Consequential Robotics Miro-E teaching robot for their classroom.
- Four teams will also receive a ‘Judges Choice’ award, including unique prizes from the competition partners.
- Winning teams will be notified on the 1st June and provided with details of how to attend the award ceremony.
- The School Robot Competition is open to groups of 3 – 5 school students.
- The competition is open to 8 to 14-year-olds. All group members must be within this age range to enter.
- All group members must be registered pupils at the same UK school.
- Schools must register on the app before contestants can create group entries.
- Opens for entries: 13th February 2020
- Deadline for entries: 23rd October 2020
- Winners notified: TBC
- Award ceremony: TBC
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest announcements about the 2020 School Robot Competition.