How to enter
- Opens for entries: 12th April 2021
- Deadline for entries: 23rd May 2021
- Winners announced: 23rd June 2021
- A Thames Komos Coding & Robotics Kit (courtesy of RAIN)
- Unique and exclusive prizes courtesy of our guest judges
Head of Learning, Design Museum
Dr Louise Dennis
Senior Lecturer, University of Manchester / RAIN Hub
- The Draw A Robot Competition is open to UK children in Key Stage 1 (aged 5 – 7 years, see Terms and Conditions below).
- You do not have to be registered at a UK school to enter.
- Only individual entries will be accepted.
- Your entry must include:
- a drawing of a robot in any medium, drawn on a blank piece of paper.
- up to five features, labelled on the drawing
- a written description of your robot, in up to 100 words
- Your entry must be entirely your own work.
- You must complete our online form no later than the 23rd May to be in with a chance to win.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries to the competition are open from 12th April to 23rd May 2021.
- To enter, children must be born between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2015 and residing in the United Kingdom.
- Entries must be submitted via our online form by 23:59 BST on the 23rd May 2021. Entries received by post without an accompanying electronic form submission will not be considered.
- Entries will be scored, by an independent judging panel, on:
- the creativity of the robot drawing;
- the utility of the robot’s task or job;
- the feasibility of the robot design.
- By entering, you grant permission to the EPSRC UK-RAS Network to use your submitted drawing, name, and age in promotional materials both online and in print.
- Winners will be invited to a virtual award ceremony on the 22nd June, as part of the UK Festival of Robotics.