How to enter
- Opens for entries: 12th April 2021
- Deadline for entries: 23rd May 2021
- Winners announced: 23rd June 2021
- A MakeBlock Codey Rocky Educational Coding Robot (courtesy of FAIR-SPACE)
- Unique and exclusive prizes courtesy of our guest judges
Writer, comedian, podcaster and History presenter
Dr Richard Gillham Darnley
Technical Officer, FAIR-SPACE, University of Surrey
- The Once Upon a Robot Competition is open to UK children in Key Stage 2 (aged 7 to 11 years, see Terms and Conditions below)
- You do not have to be registered at a UK school to enter.
- Only individual entries will be accepted.
- Your entry must include:
– a title
– a fictional story about one or more robots of between 400 and 800 words.
- Your entry must be entirely your own work.
- You must complete our online form no later than the 23rd May to be in with a chance to win.
Terms & Conditions
- Entries to the competition are open from 12th April to 23rd May 2021.
- To enter, children must be born between 1st September 2009 and 31st August 2013, and residing in the United Kingdom.
- Entries must be submitted via our online form by 23:59 BST on the 23rd May 2021.
- Stories longer than 800 words (not including the title) or shorter than 300 words will not be considered.
- Entries will be scored, by an independent judging panel, on:
- the creativity of the story;
- the clarity of the narrative;
- the inclusion of an exciting plot twist.
- By entering, you grant permission to the EPSRC UK-RAS Network to use your story, name, and age in promotional materials both online and in print.
- Winners will be invited to a virtual award ceremony on the 23rd June, as part of the UK Festival of Robotics.